Eligibility for Enrollment in Blue Ridge ISD
A student is eligible for enrollment if:
- they are living with a parent/legal guardian within the district boundaries or
- student does not reside in the school district but a parent of the student resides in the school district.
Documents to be provided when enrolling a student:
- Student's Birth Certificate
Filed with Bureau of Vital Statistics, not hospital copy) TEC §29.151 states a child must be at least five years of age on September 1 of the school year to be eligible for Kindergarten
- Student's Social Security Card
- Student's Immunization Records
- Proof of Residence (Copy of current utility bill in parent/guardian's name and physical address)
- Records from the school most recently attended
- Parent/Guardian's Drivers License
Out of District Transfer Students
BRISD accepts applications for transfer students. After viewing and completing the following documents, please return to Cathy Agan at the BRISD Administration Building - 972.752.5554.
- Students certified as homeless under the McKinney-Vento Act under are eligible for enrollment in the district in which they are residing or the school of origin. To receive more information, please contact Amy Hopkins, BRISD’s Homeless Liaison.